Thursday, October 28, 2010

Digital Story Reflection - Work Day

What: Today we were given a work day to put together information for our digital stories. Trevor and I worked on compiling some facts and pictures. Since we are doing our field experience in fourth grade, we have decided to use mountain men as the subject for our digital story.
So What: I spent a lot of time looking for pictures of mountain men in action as well as portraits of famous mountain men such as Jim Bridger and Jedidiah Smith. While doing this, I was reminded of when we learned about mountain men in fourth grade. I am really excited that we will get to participate in a mountain man rendezvous at our school.
Now What: I really like that we have been able to learn about using digital stories in the classroom. It's such a great way to introduce a new subject or topic. I think it's something that can really help get kids excited about learning. I am really interested to see how the kids in our fourth grade field experience classroom will react to the digital story.

No comments:

Post a Comment