Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lessons Learned

Whenever I'm dealing with new technology, I always learn a few things by trial and error. I have never made my own videos before and the idea of creating a digital story was completely foreign to me. It took a lot of practice to figure out how to arrange things properly and make sure the music looped well. It also took a lot of patience to make the digital story because it is a lengthy process to plan and then create.
The main thing I had to remember throughout this process was not to get frustrated when something didn't work. Often times, we had to adjust the music settings or fix the pixelation on some of our pictures and it was difficult to be patient and try to figure it out. It really helps to remember to have "the spirit of discovery" and look at making mistakes on a project like this as a learning experience.
It was extremely helpful for me to partner with Trevor on this project because he has a lot of knowledge about making videos and using YouTube. I think it is always helpful to have someone who knows more than you help you learn about something new, especially when it comes to technology. It was really nice to be able to have him help when I messed up on something and needed to fix it or when I was totally clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment