Thursday, December 2, 2010

Strengths & Weaknesses

I have always felt as if I am rather knowledgeable when it comes to technology. I enjoy learning about what's out there and educating those who are less informed. I think this can definitely apply to my abilities as an educator. It is important to continue evaluating and increasing your knowledge when it comes to technology.
It was really interesting to read through the NET standards and decide which of the described statements applied to me. There were several that I immediately recognized as describing my ability when it comes to technology such as applying technology to increase productivity and identifying or locating technology resources and evaluating them for accuracy and suitability. However, with technology being such an ever-changing part of our lives, there are always areas that need more attention or improvement. Learning to manage students while they are participating in technology integrated activities is an area that I would love to learn more about. UEN's Professional Development link shows many technology related courses that could assist in educating teachers about these important points. Two of the offered classes that I think would be extremely helpful to me as an educator include "Internet Safety for Educators" and "Use Technology to Teach". By reading the course descriptions, you can tell that though these classes provide a lot of basic information about teaching with technology and also about how to help your students navigate the technological world.

No comments:

Post a Comment