Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Beliefs

I have always believed that we should be educated on the newest forms of technology. Obviously it's here to stay and there will only be more improvements made in the future. We are starting to see technology everywhere: the workplace, homes, and also schools. I am a firm believer that we need to educate our student on real world experience and knowledge, including technology.
I think using technology in the classroom is essential. For one, I think it is eye catching for students and it helps hold their attention. It can also be relatively easy to use, especially for kids because most of them have been exposed to technology at home. For those who haven't, it allows them to try something new and have the opportunity to use technology they would have otherwise never seen. I also think using technology can be very time effective for teachers. It is much quicker to do things on the computer rather than doing them by hand.
I think as educators, it is our responsibility to prepare our students for the real world. By teaching them the basics of using technology and how to use "the spirit of discovery" when they learn something new, we will help them to become productive citizens. Technology truly is the wave of the future and it is important the we recognize this.

No comments:

Post a Comment